COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is a major cause of illness and the third leading cause of death worldwide. However, many people don't realize they have the disease.
- Do you cough several times most days?
- Do you bring up phlegm or mucus most days?
- Do you get out of breath?
- Are you over 40 years old?
- Are you a current or an ex-smoker?
If you answer yes to three or more of these questions,you may be at risk for COPD.
UCSF is conducting a observational study to learn more about the causes of COPD, and how we can better diagnose and treat this disease.
If you are interested in our study, please contact us for more information: